ELECTRONIC DESIGN COMPANY
Sales & Marketing Manager
March 9, 2012
Electronic Design Company's mission is to be our client’s best and most complete resource for audio, video and critical communications systems. With over 55 years of experience in the audio, video and critical communications industry, our team has the knowledge and experience needed to provide consistent, professional results. Our clients include hundreds of schools, large corporate campuses, the Guthrie, Pantages, and Cowles performing arts centers, TCF Stadium, the Metrodome, and healthcare providers such as the Mayo Clinic and Hennepin County Medical Center. Our primary offerings include: systems design, materials provision, technical installation, programming, commissioning, operations, and comprehensive service options for our clients. www.edcsolutions.com
Responsible for developing and managing assigned client accounts through sales and marketing strategies to achieve revenue and profit objectives set by the company.
- Drive sales to assigned base of clients via phone, email, and in-person contact; by identifying and creating solutions for their business needs. Create proposals for service, design, consulting, move-add-changes, equipment, and project offerings. Solve clients’ business and technical issues through professional knowledge and collaboration with company teams.
- Work effectively with engineering staff on creating designs and estimates for proposals
- Present proposals effectively to small through medium size groups
- Follow up on proposals to address obstacles and close
- Proactively make new relationships with potential clients and periodically contact existing clients to maintain good relationships and generate additional revenue
- Achieve revenue and profit plans by working with management and sales team to create sales campaigns that achieve or exceed revenue and profit goals.
- Effectively and efficiently gather all information needed to propose and close sales, ensure orders accurately reflect what the client intended, and what the company must deliver. Enter all required data into the CRM system and complete other necessary documentation in an accurate and timely manner.
- Participate in sales meetings and prepare accurate sales forecasts and reports for assigned area
- Develop and maintain positive professional working relationships with company team members in all departments, with outside business partners, and clients’ staff.
- Monitor client’s satisfaction and with support of the EDC team resolve client issues. Escalate negative satisfaction trends to management as appropriate
- Perform other related duties as assigned
The Sales Associate will be accountable to the Sales and Marketing Manager. Secondary accountability will be to the other management team members, employees and clients of the Company.
- Desire for a successful professional consultative sales career
- Minimum 2-year’s history of achieving sales quota as a sales person in a Business-to-Business environment
- 4-year degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, Technology or other relevant area; or equivalent education and experience
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record
- Experience in the audio visual industry with a basic working knowledge of loudspeakers, power amplifiers, DSP, microphones, mixers, intercoms, paging, acoustics, projection, and audio/video networks preferred
- Motivated to earn additional AV, critical communications systems, client segment, and sales knowledge and certifications
- Background in Healthcare in a clinical, technical, or vendor position a big plus
- InfoComm CTS or other AV or IT industry certifications a big plus
Additional Skills and Abilities Required:
- It is expected that this position will require a moderate amount of travel.
- Travel overnight for sales or training 4 to 8 trips per year.
Physical, Mental & Environmental Requirements:
- Self-motivation, positive attitude and persistence
- Consultative and relationship-based sales skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Effective territory planning and prioritization skills
- Great communication and listening skills, on the phone, in writing, and in person.
- Excellent PC skills, including MS Outlook, Excel, Word & PowerPoint
- Business acumen & basic financial understanding (pricing, margin, credit qualification, etc.) required
- Ability to be a reliable part of a team and to deliver your share and more
- Employee is required to stand, walk, climb, sit and use hands and fingers.
- Ability to lift up to 50 Lbs. occasionally to assist with miscellaneous tasks and tradeshow displays
- Reaching, grasping and carrying activities also required.
- Ability to work in a normal company and client office environment with occasional visits to client construction sites.
- EDC offers a comprehensive benefits package
- This is a professional sales position with salary based on experience and performance
- All candidates must successfully complete a trial period (with salary) before permanent employment may be offered
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by supervisors or management to perform other instructions and duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description. Management has the right to revise this description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason as outlined in the employee manual or other written agreement.
Electronic Design Company, your most complete resource for audio, video and critical communications systems, has been in business for over fifty years. As a leader in the industry, we feel our staff has some of the best minds in the AV integration field in the country. We have worked on a variety of projects including the Guthrie Theatre on the River, the Minneapolis International Airport, Hennepin County Medical Center and the new University of Minnesota TCF Stadium. As our field evolves, Electronic Design Company is constantly on the look-out for smart, energetic, hard-working people with an aptitude, passion and interest in the fields of audio, video, nurse call and critical communications technologies.
As a member of our team, you'll be an intricate part of an inclusive culture of excellence, where you will experience the latest technologies and get hands-on training in the skills that are required to be successful in our field. Be a part of an organization that believes in quality and service first.
If you are looking for a job as a sales person, systems design engineer, technician or installer in AV integration, have work experience in our field and are looking for a new challenge, please send your resume to email@example.com
Electronic Design Company is an equal opportunity employer.
Back to Careers